Educational and concert platform for new music Kyiv Contemporary Music Days is happy to announce the launch of its fifth masterclasses for electroacoustic music for composers of any age and nationality with tutors composers
Annette Vande Gorne (Belgium) and Jaime Reis (Portugal)
which will take part on September, 3-9 2018 in Kyiv, Ukraine
The master classes are organized together with Dias de Música Electroacústica, Goethe Institut in Ukraine, Ukrainian Minor Academy of Science and supported by Culture Bridges.
Each selected active participant will have:
* Lessons with Annette Vande Gorne and Jaime Reis
* A possibility to write an electroacoustic (with or without live instruments, list of instruments is following: flute, clarinet, violin, cello) work up to 10 minutes that will be performed at the final concert on September, 9th. Alternatively, an already existing electroacoustic work can be workshopped and performed.
* A possibility to attend all masterclasses and lessons with other participants, as well as lectures and concerts which are to be held during the week of master classes
Working language of the masterclasses is English.
The tuition fee for active students is EUR 240 (international participants) and UAH 2000 (participants from Ukraine).
The tuition fee for passive students is EUR 80 (international participants) and UAH 500 (participants from Ukraine).
As always, also provide several grants with fee waivers, in order to apply for a grant, please include a motivation letter in your submission.
Each participant is responsible for her or his travel and accommodation in Kyiv and will be provided with all support that might be needed during their time in Kyiv from the KCMD team.
To submit an application, please fill in the registration form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include:
* Name, Surname
* Date of birth
* Country of residence (+ country of origin, if differs)
* Mobile phone number
* Desired format for participation in the master classes (active/passive student or not decided)
* Short bio or CV
* 1-3 recent compositions (downloadable links to recordings and scores in PDF (if available). Recordings and scores of instrumental compositions are also acceptable as additional material
* Current photo
* Indicate whether you would want to write a new composition for the masterclasses
* Indicate whether you would like to apply for a grant (in this case please attach a motivation letter)
A simple octophonic sound system will be provided. Works for electroacoustic music with or without video, live electronics and for acoustic instruments and electronics will be accepted.
Deadline for submission: August 15, 2018
We will notify the selected composers as soon as possible, no later than on August 18, 2018.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com
Jaime Reis. Photo by Alexander Graeff
Jaime Reis (b. 1983) Portuguese composer who attented seminars with Karlheinz Stockhausen and Emmanuel Nunes (also PhD co-adviser), after studying Composition and Electronic Music in Aveiro University. He's is artistic director of Festival DME (counting more than 50 editions organized in Portugal and abroad). His music has been presented in countries such as Germany, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Chile, China, Korea, Spain, USA, Philippines, France, Greece, Holland, Italy, Japan, Monaco, Poland, Czech Republic, Turkey, Ukraine. He has worked with institutions/ensembles such as: IRCAM, Musik Fabrik, ZKM, Musiques & Recherches. He's Professor in the Superior School of Applied Arts (Castelo Branco, Portugal).
Annette Vande Gorne (b. 1946) is a Belgian electroacoustic music composer. Studied at the conservatories of Mons and Brussels, privately with Jean Absil. In Paris conservatory, she studied with Pierre Shaeffer and Guy Reibel. Founder of the Association de Musiques et Recherchesand the Métamorphoses d'Orphée studio. Founder of L’Espace du sonfestival. Since 1986 she has taught in Liège, Brussels, Mons.